This position plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all aspects of the program; supervises all staff; develops, interprets, and administers policies and procedures governing the programs and administers appropriate strategies for recruitment, selection, and retention of staff.
The role will oversee the substance use disorder counseling program on site at Susanville California Correctional Center in Susanville, CA.
- Responsible for the overall administration of the day-to-day delivery of program services;
- Oversees the evaluation, selection, hiring and training of the staff.
- Coordinates processing of invoices and payments.
- Secures approval and orders supplies and equipment.
- Submits monthly progress reports and the weekly Red Flag reports.
- Manages the placement of participants into community-based transitional care services.
- Works with staff and the appropriate institution staff in the planning, directing and coordinating of all program related facility activities.
- Provides a monthly calendar containing the Program Director’s schedule prior to the beginning of each month.
- Ensures that a monthly program services activities plan is posted for the participants, staff, and contractor at the beginning of each month;
- Be responsible for the overall supervision and oversight of all assigned staff.
- Be responsible for fiscal monitoring of expenditures.
- Be responsible for implementation of systems and monitoring techniques to assure agreement compliance.
- Reviews participant treatment files.
- Evaluates staff performance and provide applicable coaching and training; and assure compliance with Company and contractor’s policies and procedures.
- Complies with Company work rules and policies as explained in the Company Employee Handbook and the facility Policies and Procedures Manual and responds positively to directives from management in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or related fields and one (1) year of administrative experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or related fields and two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Demonstrated and documented working knowledge of substance abuse or cognitive behavioral treatment programs.
- In the event that the Program Director provides direct substance abuse services to the participants, the Program Director must be certified as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) counselor with a certification recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks; work with public officials; express thoughts logically, in English, in written and verbal form using correct grammar; manage personnel, including hiring, evaluating, disciplining, terminating; determine and manage to budget; delegate, motivate, control and schedule; effectively communicate with residents, line staff and other executive staff members; react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Familiar with current correctional systems, legislation, relevant case law and industry standards and practices
- Knowledge of fiscal processes and fundamentals of management
- Knowledge of contemporary counseling techniques
- Available at all times to handle inquiries regarding the program.
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks and work with public officials
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in written and verbal form using correct grammar
- Ability to manage personnel, including hiring, evaluating, disciplining and terminating
- Ability to determine and manage to budget and to delegate, motivate, control and schedule
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents, line staff and other executive staff members and react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Global Leader in Evidence-Based Rehabilitation The GEO Group is committed to providing leading, evidence-based rehabilitation programs to individuals while in-custody and post-release into the community through the "GEO Continuum of Care®." GEO's diversified services platform provides unique c...