BAART Programs is a leader in providing substance abuse treatment programs and primary care to people in need throughout the State of California, Vermont,Nebraska, Arizona and North Carolina.
We are seeking Substance Abuse Counselors for our Visalia Clinic in Visalia, CA.
-Provide counseling and case management services
-Keep accurate records to insure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as accreditation standards
-Act as our patients' liaison with entire program
- A certificate in alcohol and/or drug studies from an approved counselor certifying organization is required.
Certification must be completed in no more than five years from date of hire to maintain employment.
- Registered MFT, ASW and PsyD interns, and licensed MFT, LCSW and PsyDs are exempt from the above requirement.
- An AA or BA degree in Behavioral Sciences, Counseling, Clinical Psychology or related is required at hire when an applicant has not yet earned a certificate.
- A minimum of two years of counseling experience in a related setting
- The ability to develop comprehensive treatment plans and chart accurately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Substance abuse counseling experience and an advanced degree are preferred
What We Offer:
- Health insurance, which includes medical, dental, and life insurance
- Paid time off, which includes major holidays, birthday holiday, vacation and sick time
- Paid lunch hour (full hour)
- 401(k) plan
- A business casual work environment
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.