(Full-Time) Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Primary Counselor is responsible for individual service coordination for patients enrolled in Phoenix House Adult Residential Services, including supporting a successful transition back into the community. In collaboration, the SUD Counselor supports the successful integration of medical care, housing and income/employment assistance, substance abuse treatment, and other services within individual treatment plans.
Various - Daytime, Evening, Overnight, and Weekends
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years’ experience working with substance abuse clients and their families; OR
- Bachelor’s degree (in social sciences preferred); AND
- Registered (required) or certified (preferred) by a certified body recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) as an alcohol and drug counselor
- 2 years progressive experience working as a case manager, preferably within a drug or alcohol treatment setting transitional housing environment preferred.
- Oversees coordination of Initial Assessment, Service Authorization Requirements, and Treatment Plans.
- Review and goals with other supportive service plans, including, general medical care, Group Counseling, Patient.
- Education, Individual Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Family Counseling, Collateral Services and Discharge Services.
- Prepares and presents seminars and workshops.
- Facilitates Evidence-Based Treatments for assigned cohorts.
- Participates in weekly case conferences and staff meetings, as scheduled.
- Monitors and records all activities in patient charts in a timely manner.
- Maintains appropriate records such as ongoing progress notes, reports to referring agencies, discharge summaries and clinical case records as required by external stakeholders.
- Provides individual counseling services.
- Communicates with approved family members with the goal of providing direct support to the entire unit of treatment.
- Encourages and facilitates family involvement in parent education, Sunday Family Group, and visitation.
- Interfaces with referral agencies including the Substance Abuse Prevention and Control, County and Federal Probation Departments, and Department of Health Care Services.
- Must maintain a valid CA Drivers’ License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
CURRENTLY OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
WEBSITE LINK: https://phoenixhousecacareers.e3applicants.com/