(Full-Time) Reporting to the Recovery Support Supervisor, the Counselor is responsible for the provision of clinical care and supervision to patients and for providing ongoing clinical documentation in the clinical management system. The position will also Support the program participant care approach of Gender Responsive and Trauma-informed milieu by providing necessary supervision to the following activities: Job functions, Physical Education, Academic enrichment, Case Load Activities, Meal times, Personal Hygiene, Morning Wake up, Bedtime and all (un) scheduled activities. The Substance Use Disorder Support Staff is also responsible for timely and accurate completion of client notes, charts, reports, and other documentation related to the treatment and progress of clients in the program.
Various - Daytime, Evening, Overnight, and Weekends
- AA or higher degree in Behavioral Science (preferred).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Registered (required) or certified (preferred) by a certified body recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) as an alcohol and drug counselor
- 2-3 years progressive experience providing or coordinating social services, preferably within a drug or alcohol treatment setting or transitional housing environment preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to make decisions independently and effective communication when dealing with clients, families, other staff members, department heads, visitors, external agencies and community members.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with appropriate documentation skills to complete reports, utilize data and communicate ideas constructively.
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with client/patients of Phoenix House.
- Strong crisis management, conflict resolution, and de-escalation skills.
- Must show an aptitude for working as part of a team.
- Must maintain a valid CA Drivers’ License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
CURRENTLY OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
WEBSITE LINK: https://phoenixhousecacareers.e3applicants.com/