Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide supervision and monitoring of residents.
• Ensure that residents comply with schedules.
• Make written notes as needed to document interventions, client behavior, and treatment progress.
• Answer the telephone and the door.
• Detect and implement appropriate disciplinary reports and actions on client misbehavior and rule violations.
• Perform some filing and other general office duties.
• Perform routine maintenance duties as needed.
• Able to think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures, including workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
• Respond to telephone calls pertaining to crisis, request for referrals, and requests for
alcohol and drug information.
• Dispense resident medications as per prescription as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Bilingual Spanish and English, or at least Spanish proficient.
• Knowledge of alcohol and drug prevention and recovery/ treatment programs and principles;
• Knowledge of the effects of alcohol and drug abuse;
• Must demonstrate ability to understand client needs and work with adult men, particularly
• Ability to manage client issues which may occur in recovery from drugs and mental health
• CPR and First Aid certification (can be provided by La Familia)
• Experience working with adults in a residential setting
• Accurately and appropriately document communications, behaviors and routine facility events as
• Ability to use the equipment necessary to complete the responsibilities of the job.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that
• Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic
representatives, as well as community members.
• Assumes responsibility for doing assigned work and for meeting deadlines. Completes assigned
work on or before deadlines in accordance with directives, policies, standards and proscribed
• Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to clients including cultural and ethical
beliefs; and implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
• Knowledge of community resources for client referrals.
• Attends work regularly and adheres to policies and procedures regarding absences and
tardiness. Provides adequate notice to supervisor and management with respect to vacation time and
• Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues including client confidentiality and risk management in
all aspects of client care and department functioning.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
• Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to
assist others; and acts as a resource to team members and clients where appropriate.
• Handles difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
• Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive criticism.
• Attends all mandatory meetings and staff meetings as required, and actively participates in
other departmental professional development including providing training and consultation.
• Participates in the assessment of current and future department learning needs and assist in
the development of learning plans.
• Observes and keeps self-informed of activities in the department and makes recommendations for
• Develops and maintains cooperative and courteous relationships with fellow employees, supervisor, managers in other departments, senior management and executive staff, and community
• Tactfully and effectively handles requests, suggestions and complaints from other departments
and persons in order to maintain good will within the agency.
• Full-time, Non- Exempt, Union Position
• $14.76 per hour or $15.38 per hour bilingual differential
• Excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision benefits, vacation, sick, and
• External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest
and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
La Familia is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
$14.76 per hour or $15.38 per hour bilingual differential
La Familia has a 40 year history of providing high-quality mental health and community support services in the San Francisco Bay Area. We started as part of a grassroots movement and our ties to the community remain deep and passionate. We are committed to building a vibrant and multicultural agency...