The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is the world's leading organization singularly dedicated to combating addiction to alcohol and drugs with a full continuum of services.
Over the course of a year, we:
* Serve over 15,000 patients annually through treatment centers in Minnesota, California, Illinois, Oregon, New York, and Florida
* Educate over 600 professionals through our accredited Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies, Professionals in Residence program and Summer Institute for Medical Students.
* Provide publishing books and materials for over 32,000 publishing customers
* Provide prevention services to over 50,000 students across the United States and the world
One of our key strategic objectives is people - our employees are essential in the process of propelling our organization forward to meet the challenges and opportunities ahead. Are you ready to excel in these challenges and opportunities? Do you possess the qualities below? Join Our Team!
What are we looking for?* Individuals with a Client, Customer, and/or Stakeholder Focus
* Results-oriented attitude
* Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
* Courage and Commitment
* Adaptability and Learning Agility
What do we offer?
* Competitive Benefits (health, dental, vision, etc)
* Paid Time-Off
* Training Opportunities
* Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Free on-site gym (Center City, Plymouth & Rancho Mirage)
Diverse individuals encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
As an Addiction Counselor, you will:
* Provide clinical services in coordination with the multi-disciplinary team consistent with Hazelden Betty Ford's Standards of Care including:
Conducts and documents introductory and initial counselor interviews and designs initial treatment plan.
Have knowledge and skills in recognizing symptoms of addictions according to DSM 5 criteria and documenting data to support diagnosis.
Identifies, prioritizes, and documents clinical issues to be addressed in treatment and continuing care.
Consistently contacts and involves patient, referent and family as appropriate in assessment and care planning processes.
o Care Planning
Creates individualized care and continuing care plans that include multidisciplinary input as well as involvement of the patient, referent, family, and other appropriate collateral resources.
Utilizes and conducts 1:1 and group counseling consistent with 12-step facilitation principles to facilitate patient awareness, understanding, and motivation to change related to addiction and recovery issues.
Family Counseling – can facilitate family's/significant other's need for Family Program/ Alanon or other appropriate services.
Facilitates family conferences consistent with Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation philosophy and requests supervision when required.
o Continuing Care
Consults with multidisciplinary team, patient, family and referent (consistent with CFR 42 and CFR 45) to address clinical issues both verbally and in writing related to continuing care, including types of care, level of care, and intensity of services across biopsychosocialspiritual issues and the rationale for each.
* Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, provide clinical coaching, as assigned, to students and interns to facilitate development of clinical competency and ethical practice.
o Uses principles of clinical supervision in work with Graduate Program students and interns.
* Represent Hazelden Betty Ford services to various audiences to ensure consistent knowledge about services, processes and participation.
* Bachelor's degree
* Completed certificate/degree program in addiction counseling or equivalent
* Current, active LAADC or CADC
* Must have 1 or more years providing chemical dependency counseling (supervised internship applies)
* Ability to use Microsoft office programs and other computer skills
* Master's Degree in Addiction Studies or related field
* LMHC, LMFC, LCSW, LPC, LPCC or related field licensure
We are a force of healing and hope for individuals, families and communities affected by addiction to alcohol and other drugs. The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is the nation's largest nonprofit treatment provider, with a legacy that began in 1949 and includes the 1982 founding of the Betty Ford Ce...