Job Title: Substance Use Clinician
Department: Substance Use Disorders Services
Reports To: Director of Substance Use Disorders Services
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Salary Range: DOEE + Full Benefits Package
This position must be available to respond to Substance Use Disorders treatment including client intakes, individual and group counseling, treatment assessment and planning, and case management as needed.
Since 1948, Family & Children Services of Silicon Valley (FCS) has been promoting the resilience, safety, and wellness of individuals, families, and communities throughout Santa Clara County. FCS brings its counseling, prevention, and support services to dozens of community locations, including schools, community centers, jails, and health clinics. FCS counsels children and teens coping with the effects of trauma, provides a way forward for adults in recovery from addiction, and empowers families to heal from violence and abuse. FCS merged with and became a division of Caminar in January 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direct counseling services, including individual and group counseling, treatment assessment and planning, and case management as needed.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as behavior modification and stress management therapy to assist patient in controlling disorders and other problems.
- Changes method and degree of counseling when indicated by client reactions.
- Communicates progress toward treatment goals with client.
- Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Maintains excellent client records and complete all agency required reports and paperwork.
- Complies thoroughly with County DADS contract documentation and auditing standards and requirements in a timely manner.
- Monitor client fees and number of session limitations.
- Participate in group and individual supervision.
- May train peers as needed and requested by management.
- Education – Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Marriage Family Therapy, Social Work, or Psychology or CCAPP certification level 1 or 2 – minimum requirement. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience – some work experience providing substance abuse or behavioral health services. Preferred 2 year minimum.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Intern registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences completion of CCAPP certification – CCADAC level 1 or 2, LAADC, MFTi, MFT/LCSW.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients. Depending on client needs, specialized language skills may be required for this position.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and standard office software as well as the ability to develop competency in specialized clinical software as needed.
- Bilingual preferred
- Other - Thorough understanding and experience in the delivery of services to an ethnically and economically diverse population.
Caminar is a leader in providing innovative client-oriented mental health services. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our web site at www.caminar.org
- Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations, and Caminar practices.
- Must be able to pass post offer, pre-employment medical and drug tests as required under State Community Care Licensing regulations and/or agency policies.
- May be required to obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification.