The intern is a non-paid position and may perform duties in the areas of intern. The position requires a commitment of 10 hours a week for a period of at least 3 months.
This may include: driving, housekeeping and laundry, cleaning the helping in the kitchen, groups, and accompany residents to off-site functions.
Interns in an approved substance use program needing hours signed will be provided with supervision with a CADC for those hours for college credit.
Essential Job Functions
- Assisting client’s with their needs.
- Assisting staff with daily duties to include rounds, charting, intakes, discharges and meal set up.
- Communicates with the Program Director regarding concerns or questions.
- Follows all program policies paying special attention to the driving policy and housekeeping.
- Demonstrates a strength-based philosophy, by treating all in an open and respectful manner which builds upon strengths.
- Completes incident reports, progress reports and other required documentation as requested.
- Addresses crises in a calm, effective and supportive manner.
- Informs the supervisor of incidents and situations following protocol and utilizing appropriate judgment.
- Addresses problematic behavioral issues in a positive and pro-active manner.
- Functions consistent with agency mission and service philosophy and policies including confidentiality and residents’ rights and responsibilities.
- Assures that the residential property is clean and sanitary at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of all residents.
- Interns will be trained in areas essential to maintaining confidentiality.
- Valid Department of Motor Vehicles License without restrictions.
- Picture ID
- CPR/First Aid Certificate
- At least 6 months of sobriety.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Knowledgeable in substance abuse disorders and preferably in an educational program.
Job Types: Temporary, Internship
Hours: 4-8pm Variable Days