Position Title:Administrative Assistant
Location: South Bay Area, Chula Vista, CA
Program:New Leaf Recovery Center
Classification:Non-exempt, Full Time
Summary and Range of Authority:UPAC New Leaf Recovery Center (NLRC) provides evidence-based and integrated outpatient treatment services for adults who suffer from serious mental health and co-occurring substance abuse conditions. Under the direction of the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the program with administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Office Manager in preparing and maintaining fiscal records, program reports, and contracts.
- Provide reception coverage; answer calls, take messages, direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and proposals to funding agencies, including spreadsheets, monthly reports, and budgetary documents.
- Collect staff time sheets; prepare semi-monthly payroll tally, monthly PTO balances and submit to Fiscal Department.
- Process appropriate check requests and submit to Fiscal Department.
- Develop and maintain office and program files.
- Sort mail and incoming faxes and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Keep the reception area in order.
- Keep the admin related documentation organized and filed.
- Handle facilities-related matters and special projects including phone system, building security issues, key maintenance, and checkout.
- Assist staff in preparing outreach activities such as presentations, conferences, and resource fairs
- Provide assistance in agency and program audits.
- Assist in maintaining client charts and personnel records.
- Light janitorial duties.
- Input Cal-OMS (SanWITS) data and submit to county on monthly basis
- Input PSR/DATAR reports and submit to county and state on a monthly basis.
- Prepares electronic schedule for MD and RN/LVN appointments
- Prepare charts for psychiatry visits and nurse visits
- Greets clients and visitors in a professional manner
- Using a multi-line phone, answer calls in a professional manner, take accurate messages and/or direct calls appropriately
- Maintains reception area in an organized and professional manner
- Maintains adequate copies of program brochures, client written materials and program required forms
- Maintain accurate list of office phone extensions, staff schedules, and other office schedules
- Act as a courier to deliver and pick-up mail between program and other UPAC offices
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Office Manager and Program Supervisors.
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience and Qualifications Required:
- If recovering, must be clean and sober and stable in the recovery process for at least 1 year.
- 1 year experience as an administrative assistant, clerk or receptionist
- Previous experience in data entry.
- Familiarity with computer applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to input electronic data accurately.
- Efficient time management skills and reliability in meeting deadlines. Effective communication skills.
- Works well independently and within a team. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to sensitive or proprietary information.
- Must have flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours during scheduled client activities.
- Must be drug tested prior to hire and drug test results shall be negative for illegal drug use, including marijuana.
- Must have TB clearance.
- Must have certified First Aid and CPR training (including infant CPR).
- Will not be debarred or excluded from participation in Federal programs by the General Services Administration and/or the Department of Health and Human Services of the Inspector General
- Must pass background check (Live Scan Fingerprint).
- Must be able to drive (when needed) for business purposes to other program locations in San Diego County. If employee drives his/her personal automobile for UPAC business, employee must have valid California driver’s license and comprehensive automobile insurance coverage, as required by law.
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Prior knowledge and experience of Drug Medi-Cal Title 22 and SanWITS data systems preferred or
- Prior knowledge and experience of Cerner data system and Title 9 preferred. and
- If recovering, must be stable in the recovery process for 2 years.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour