Summary/General Description of Job:
Ensures compliance of the zero tolerance policy and provides structured activities, group and individual counseling to enhance a drug free lifestyle for youth. Provide education and awareness training to help youth at risk of using alcohol. Provide TEAP awareness for youth groups to promote a drug/alcohol-free environment.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Conduct urine collection procedures on all incoming students, follow-up tests, and suspicion tests. Follows ‘chain of custody’ procedure for biochemical testing, and utilizes universal precautions during collections.
- Develop a system to promote the coordination and integration of the alcohol and other drugs abuse prevention components with other Center programs and outside entities.
- Encourage awareness of TEAP issues throughout the Center among both staff and students. Provide TEAP orientation presentation to each new student group.
- Conduct TEAP program in accordance with program to support student abstinence from alcohol and drugs, including coordinating guest speakers and special activities for students with in the TEAP program.
- Conduct an interview/assessment of each new referral to the TEAP program. Conduct individual TEAP counseling as needed, make appointments with students and follow up on no-shows. Provides documented weekly individual and group counseling for students.
- Maintain an updated library of materials through community workshops, Internet access, and resource libraries in the community. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the profession and of community resources related to TEAP.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect in order to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
- Provide needed referral information to all out-going students and their families in drug or alcohol related issues.
- Adhere to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements as appropriate.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to students, management and line staff, corporate and DOL personnel and public groups.
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field
- A chemical dependency certification from the State of California
- One-year related experience and/or training in substance abuse field.
- Successfully pass background check and drug test.
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Master’s degree in health related field.