Job Title: Substance Abuse Case Manager
Reports To: Clinical Director
Summary: Residential drug and alcohol treatment center is seeking an energetic and organized Substance Abuse Case Manager to join our multidisciplinary team. The Substance Abuse Case Manager will be responsible for the delivery of crisis management, assessment, treatment, education, and aftercare planning services. The Case Manager will be responsible for direct care as outlined below:
- Must have certification in substance abuse counseling or finishing school.
- Preferred experience working at a substance abuse treatment center
- Must be an energetic and dynamic group leader and demonstrated excellence leading a wide range of psychoeducational groups
- Must be detail oriented with excellent time management, organizational, written, verbal, and computer skills
- Must have up-to-date CPR and First Aid training certification
- Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance
- Must have experience and an understanding of the 12 core competencies of drug and alcohol counseling as well as co-occurring mental health disorders preferred
- We require at least 3 years of continuous sobriety if working the program.
- Maintain a current, thorough knowledge of ongoing developments and new techniques in the fields of substance abuse, mental health, and behavioral health community resources
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Orient new clients to the programs’ rules, policies, procedures and clients’ rights.
- Admission and intake assistance, including assessment, and crisis intervention.
- Providing group therapy including psychoeducational and relapse prevention groups.
- Providing individual counseling/case management services.
- Maintaining accurate and thorough documentation in EMR of all clinical services.
- Case management, advocacy, coordination of FMLA/disability, legal issues/court documentation, and aftercare resources as needed.
If you feel you are experienced and qualified for this position please include resume and cover letter including current contact information and salary requirements.