The AOD Counselor provides counseling and treatment (related to the employee's scope of practice) to clients with addictive problems, performs discharge and referral summaries for clients and maintains client case files.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training, and Licensure)
• High School diploma, Associate or B.S. degree in related field preferred.
• Registration with CCAPP as a Substance Use Disorder Counselor is required, Certification with CCAPP is preferred. Certified, or registered Drug and Alcohol Counselor with the ability to become certified, or equivalent certification with a State of California qualified agency.
• Two plus years' experience counseling addicts; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Knowledge and training in substance abuse and related health issues (i.e. HIV, Hepatitis C, etc.) and recovery protocols including the 12 step programs.
• Knowledge of the local treatment community and referrals; if in recovery, two years sobriety preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Computer (PC) literate in general office functions such as word processing, email and database software. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Valid California Driver's License, with insurable driving record.
WellSpace Health is one of Sacramento's premier non-profit organizations proudly serving the homeless and underserved community of Sacramento for over 60 years. We offer professional services including: high quality primary health care; family planning; women's health including OB; immunizations; well child care and testing; diagnosis and treatment; addiction treatment; mental health counseling and pediatric dentistry.
We are a leader in integrated care, blending physical health services with our well-known addiction and mental health treatment. We also offer a range of medical products through community partnerships including our T3 Program (Triage, Transport and Treat) that reduces Emergency Room overcrowding and our Interim Care Program (ICP) that reduces medical relapse following hospital discharge. In 2010 we have opened the first pediatric dentist clinic in the Sacramento area for our community.
Successful candidate will receive regionally competitive salary, above average health benefits at reduced costs, company paid life insurance & long term disability insurance, additional voluntary retirement plan with company match and no vesting schedule requirement.
• Paid bereavement and jury duty leave.
• 10 paid holidays per year.
• Paid time off.
• Paid sick leave.
• Flexible Spending Program.
• Company paid malpractice insurance for all providers.
• Professional development hours offered annually.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The employee's work environment includes both an office and residential setting. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The office setting is characteristic of normal office conditions; while working in the residential setting, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials (including communicable diseases) and odors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle or lift. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately loud.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client's use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send CV to [email protected]