Riverside Recovery Resources (RRR) is looking for a Bilingual (English & Spanish) Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team. We have two locations, one in Lake Elsinore and one in Riverside. This position will primarily work at our Lake Elsinore office, but availability to possibly fill in as-needed at the Riverside location is preferred. This position is primarily Monday through Friday, but possible as-needed/fill in availability on Saturday mornings is preferred but not required. We are looking for someone who has a friendly, professional attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue building our programs.
Counselors will primarily be involved with group and individual counseling sessions for IOP/OP clients, as well as being able to conduct DUI education groups for court-mandated and DMV-ordered participants. Counselors are responsible for documenting all individuals and group case notes, providing assistance with duties related to substance abuse programs, providing substance abuse education and information to assigned clients, developing individual outlines and guidelines for substance abuse education, counseling, and prevention programs, and other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Director.
Pay rate will depend upon qualifications.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Registered or Certified with a valid California Drug/Alcohol Counselor Registration or Certification (such as RADT-I, CADC, CATC, etc.)
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Available to work and conduct counseling sessions in the morning or evening shift (flexible schedule). Our need right now is for afternoon/evening schedule. Please do not apply if you are not able to work in the evenings.
- Possibly able to work at either of our locations (Lake Elsinore & Riverside)
In addition, candidates should have the following Qualifications:
- CPR/First Aid Certified, or be able to become certified within the first 90 days
- Must maintain TB clearance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of drug/alcohol counseling experience preferred
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Strong computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to follow strict confidentiality guidelines, including knowledge of HIPAA laws
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices involved in improving behavioral health; laws, rules, and regulations governing public substance abuse agencies; substance abuse programs and services available to the community and their functions.
- Team-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of applicable ethical and professional standards of conduct
- Able to assist with any duties needed within the program, including administrative tasks