ALIGNMENT HOME HEALTH in Southern California has several outstanding opportunities for Home Support Specialists (Drug Counselors) available in this unique home health option for addiction treatment. If you are looking to join a new and progressive company that strives to make a difference within the behavioral health field, Alignment Home Health may be a terrific place to work. We are focused on providing the highest quality care to clients with addictive disorders.
The Home Support Specialist is an integral component of the client care team with the most direct client service of any of our care providers.
- We are building our dedicated and client-focused home support team
- We are looking for dynamic, self-motivated, socially minded team players
If you are committed to working with clients who want to improve their lives in recovery from addiction and you are interested in further developing your individual skills and expanding your knowledge base, we want to speak with you!
Provides personal care, casework and related services in the home, under the direction, instruction, and supervision of the Director of Patient Care Services and the executive team.
- Provide substance use disorder services to a case load of 5-10 clients on site at the clients residence.
- Work with the nursing and clinical team to assess need for and provide or refer for services such as: overdose prevention, crisis intervention, grief counseling, treatment and support for co-occurring mental and physical disorder, relaxation/stress management, recovery and life skills training, anger management, nutritional education, parenting skills and more.
- Independently maintain timely compliance with the requirements of state, federal, and local licensing and accreditation agencies.
- Participate in Quality Assurance Reviews and Clinical Supervision, performance improvement activities, and continuing education as needed.
- Serve as an advocate and liaison with other SUD treatment providers, primary and mental health services, social service and governmental agencies to maintain a continuum of care for Alignment clients.
- Follow the plan of care to provide, safe, competent care to the client.
- Help clients to utilize the resources of their families and the community.
- Report any change in the client's mental or physical condition or in the home situation to his/her supervisor.
- Instruct and assist in routine tasks as related to the treatment goals and objectives
- Prepare a visit report promptly and incorporate same in the clinical record weekly.
- Confirm on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits so that other necessary visits by staff members can be coordinated.
- Work with personnel of other community agencies involved in the client's care as directed
It is important that the Home Support Specialist be able to:
- Provide and maintain physical and emotional comfort, and to assist the individual toward achieving the goals on the treatment plan.
- Demonstrate empathy for the needs of the client.
- Encourage the client to become as independent as possible according to the care plan.
- Establish a relationship with client and family which transmit trust and confidentiality.
- The ability to drive and the ability to access clients’ homes regularly is required.
- Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client's condition and to perform client care.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing in English.
- Hand washing materials
- Driving client to/from appointments or activities
Has access to all client medical records, which may be discussed with the treatment and management team under strict guidelines of confidentiality.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree or certification or licensure in the substance use disorder or behavioral health field is preferred but not required upon hire.
- RADTII, CAODC, CADCA, ASW or comparable certification.
- Eligibility, or the ability to become eligible, to work in a licensed SUD program as defined by California State Counselor Certification Requirements, as a certified SUD counselor
- Associate MFTs & CSWs are also encouraged to apply.
- Minimum two years experience working within a behavioral health center, or working as a drug counselor in a social services environment.
- Able to pass a drug screening and background check.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of 12 Step programs.
- Must be free from health problems that may be injurious to patient, self and co-workers and must present appropriate evidence to substantiate this.
- Must comprehend the basics of personal care.
- Must understand and respect client’s including ethics and confidentiality of care
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Experience with and desire to work with a high-risk and diverse population. Experience with Home Care a plus.
- Must be willing to obtain a Home Health Aide Certification.
- Must have valid drivers license and vehicle insurance.
- Behavioral health/substance abuse treatment counseling: 2 years