This position counsels individuals with substance abuse issues and related problems, in a residential setting. This position carries a caseload and counsels both individuals and groups. Reports to Residential Services Coordinator or Outpatient Services Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Transport clients to appointments as necessary (i.e. DPSD, Health physicals, Disability certification, TB testing).
- Assist in program planning. and referral.
- Facilitate educational groups and individual sessions.
- Facilitate therapy groups.
- Provide client supervision at all times.
- Make medications available To clients and maintain medication logs and records.
- Conduct assessments and make referrals.
- Participate in case conferencing.
- Maintain all charting and other records as required by IVRS, County, State and all other pertinent local agencies
- Conduct urinalysis testing when necessary.
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- All other duties deemed necessary and appropriate by management.
- Maintain compassion, empathy, and professionalism toward clients; their family members and/or significant others at all times.
- Attend all required agency staff and training meetings.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding absences and tardiness.
- Ensure the highest level of service is provided to the people we serve.
- Maintain client confidentiality in compliance with federal guidelines, including HIPAA regulations.
- Adhere to staff Codes of Ethics and Conduct.
- Adhere to policies and procedures set forth for agency.
- Adhere to all safety and housekeeping standards established by IVRS.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and standards governing all services provided by IVRS.
Qualifications and Skills
Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor with two years of experience in a treatment setting. Computer literate. Must have proof of Automobile Insurance and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certificates. Must pass background check.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage available. Vacation and sick time benefits offered. 403B with matching
Submit Resume to HR Department: [email protected] or apply online here