VVSD is looking for a Program Director to lead our Welcome Home Family Program. Our employees must be passionate about giving veterans a hand up, not just a hand out. If you love working with veterans, meet the qualifications for this position (see below), and are looking for a rewarding career, this may be the position for you!
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Coordinates and directs all family related services.
- Manages and coordinates residential admission for VVSD’s Welcome Home Family Program
- Develops and meets the goals of the Bridge Model Family Program
- Supervises the Welcome Home Family Program Staff
- Networks with service providers and represents the agency in civic activities, as required
- Responsible for all program goals as outlined by VVSD's contract
- Provides monthly reports according to the specifications of the contract
- Ensures services are available for access by clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field preferred
- CADC Certification
- At least 3-5 years’ of experience in the field
- Supervisory experience
- Basic understanding of the military and the Veterans Administration
- Basic knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery process (certification a plus!)
- Minimum of 6 months of paid case management experience in Human Services, Social Work or related field
- Prior experience working with homeless population a plus
- Knowledge of HMIS data base a plus
- Knowledge of Housing First approach a plus!
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and current vehicle insurance
So, what comes with this gig?
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays; not to mention paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
INTERESTED? Here’s how to apply:
Submit cover letter and resume
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.