ALCOHOL AND DRUG CASE MANAGER
PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Our Alcohol and Drug Case Manager is pivotal to the success of our clients. You will build rapport with our clients, trouble shoot barriers to treatment, and make sure each client is utilizing the components of his/her service plan.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Performing intake interviews, assessments and referring clients to appropriate community resources.
- Performing individual addiction counseling and manage all assigned clients through their treatment completion and follow-up.
- Facilitating structured didactic groups and process groups.
- Assisting residents with individual treatment planning.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
The right Case Manager will be able to meet these qualifications:
Be registered or certified as an AOD
- Completed AOD studies and an internship.
- Basic understanding of Veterans’ benefits and issues.
- Basic certified knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery
- Ability to fluently read, write, and communicate in English.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and vehicle insurance.
- Ability to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Being a Veteran is definitely a PLUS, but not required!
So, what comes with this gig?
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays; not to mention paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
INTERESTED? Here’s how to apply:
Submit cover letter and resume
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.