Passages is recruiting for a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for our Passages Ventura facility located in picturesque Port Hueneme. As the highest regarded treatment center in the country, and accredited by TJC, Passages offers our clients a holistic approach to treatment that assists them to maintain sobriety. LMFT’s are an essential part of the Passages team. We are looking for motivated, compassionate individuals to join our team. Do not apply unless you have your MFT license. We are not accepting MFT interns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducts psycho-social and functional assessments for assigned clients and families
· Provides family therapy to clients based on identified needs
· Actively participates in the multi-disciplinary team process by providing and sharing information with the Administrator and other team members that contributes to/positively impacts the overall plan of treatment for the client and family
· Assists the client and family in complying with the clinical/medical treatment initiated by the mental health staff such as offering strategies to cope with medication side effects
· Works where indicated to effect behavioral changes in clients with or at risk for physical disorders and helps them support healthy lifestyle choices
· Provides consultation and training direct care staff upon request to enhance their skill in treating mental health problems
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of chemical dependency and psychological disorders
· Ability to summarize pertinent information for outpatient care plan via written documentation
· Must be able to address and prioritize multiple task demands within established time frames
· Must be flexible in work hours in order to meet facility needs
· Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile situations, such as when verbally or physically confronted
· Must be able to set therapeutic limits and maintain therapeutic distance with clients and maintain
· Masters Degree in psychology, counseling, marriage & family counseling or social work is required
· Experience in a mental health and/or chemical dependency setting required
· MFT licensure required
· Minimum of 2 years of experience
· Experience dealing with clients and documentation in a hospital and/or mental health facility required
This is a great opportunity to join our rapidly growing company.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter with contact information.
*Passages conducts post-offer, pre-employment screening that includes:
1) a background check (including criminal records, driving record, professional license, education, supervisor reference, and other applicable areas of inquiry)
2) a urine drug screen
3) a health screening (including tuberculosis testing). If an offer is made, it will be conditioned upon timely completion to the company’s satisfaction in its sole discretion, of these screenings.
75,000 / year
Passages has a deep desire to save the lives of people who are suffering from alcohol and drug dependency. Passages believes that addiction is not an incurable disease, but a symptom of deeper issues such as depression, anxiety, or past trauma. We utilize a non-12 step approach based upon a positiv...