Granite Wellness Centers is seeking a Finance Director to oversee the financial operations of a multi-site nonprofit. Granite Wellness Centers has an annual operating budget of $10M and a staff of 175. This is a C-level position that reports to the CEO and has regular interface with the senior leadership team and the board treasurer. This position is ideally suited for a healthcare finance professional who has strategic and financial operations experience, solid knowledge of nonprofit and healthcare financial operations, and the ability to lead growth and cost containment initiatives, optimize efficiency and improve outcomes. Granite Wellness Centers offers a mission-driven team-based culture and an environment that embraces change and the implementation of best practices.
• Oversee all financial activities of the organization, to include accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cash flow management, fund management and financial reporting activities; ensure that effective internal controls are in place to assure the safeguarding of organizational assets and the reliability of financial statements.
• Participate as a member of the Granite Wellness Centers executive team (I would make this the leadership management team) and in collaboration with the executive team, establish operational goals and objectives, and ensure the integration of organizational activities across all divisions.
• Develop and implement financial strategies that align with and promote organizational goals and objectives, conduct ongoing analysis and evaluation of strategies, to include evaluation of third party payer functions and contracts, and ensure that appropriate strategies are in place to ensure fulfillment of organizational objectives.
• Provide ongoing supervision of the fiscal department, to include A/P, A/R, patient/client billing, contract reporting and invoicing, and accounting activities; supervise and manage staff and ensure that the department operates in an efficient manner that is in coordination with the needs of the organization.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for all organizational financial operations that ensure full compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, legal and regulatory requirements and local/state/federal contractual requirements.
• Provide interface with the Granite Wellness Centers Board of Directors and the board finance committee with respect to organizational financial issues; to include attending committee and board meetings and developing and providing monthly financial reports and statistical analysis in a format that is appropriate to the needs of the board.
• Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with local, state and federal contract authorities, Medi-Cal and Medicare contracting entities, health insurance companies, and other outside entities as appropriate to achieve organizational goals, objectives and overall operations.
• Provide organizational leadership in the development of departmental and organization-wide budgets and budget revisions; monitor adherence to the budget and provide comprehensive reports and analysis to management.
• Provide assistance in the preparation budget for grant applications.
• Oversee corporate tax filings, audits, and reports and ensure the timely submission of all filings to state and federal tax officials; ensure that required tax reports are submitted to county and foundation officials as requested/required.
• Maintain banking relationships and under the direction of the CEO arrange for any required debt or lease financing.
• Evaluate investment opportunities and coordinate investment decisions with the CEO and board of directors.
• Evaluate and oversee all organizational insurance policies, and ensure the ongoing maintenance of all policies to include general liability, property, malpractice, board, volunteer and bond coverage.
• In collaboration with the Human Resources department, evaluate and implement organizational benefit plans.
• Oversee and coordinate financial audits and participate in programmatic audits as directed by the CEO work in coordination with the board audit committee to ensure that all legal and oversight obligations are fully achieved.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience in non-profit healthcare field required
• Solid knowledge and experience in financial accounting, budgeting, control and reporting principles and methods and standards, as applied in a nonprofit environment; experience in managing government and multi-source funding required
• Proficiency in spreadsheet programs, networks and other technology related to financial analysis and administration
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to provide leadership and strategic guidance in the organization’s financial arena and in the development and operation of programs and services
• Excellent communication skills, to include leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and supervise personnel
• Commitment to Granite Wellness Centers’ mission and the ability to direct financial operations in support of the organization and its services
• B.A. or B.S. in accounting or finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred
• Five years of experience as finance director, finance manager, controller or equivalent position
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Granite Wellness Centers reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.
GWC offers Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Holidays, Retirement Plan, Health and Dental Insurance to eligible employees while providing an opportunity to work with a dynamic, innovative, and integrated team comprised of a diverse group of professionals.
DOE + Benefits
Please email your letter of interest to and resume to [email protected] or fax to 530-435-5106.
Granite Wellness Centers, formerly Community Recovery Resources (CoRR) is a non-profit organization. We've been improving lives through substance abuse treatment and mental health services since 1974. Growing over the years to meet the needs of the community, Granite Wellness Centers now provides...