Certified SUD Counselor (Full Time)
Opportunity to gain first-hand experience working with individuals in substance use disorder/co-occurring mental health issues in a residential setting.Understanding of the LGBTQ community preferred but not necessary. Clients maybe at risk for HIV or living with HIV.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Certified as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) counselor with a CA certifying board - Required
· Able to learn new and up to date documentation practices- ASAM knowledge desirable
· Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments
· Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations and referrals.
· Knowledgeable with computer systems is a must
· Free from parole or probation minimum of 1 year
· Must be able to pass a background clearance
· TB and drug test required before employment
· First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment
· CPR Certified within 30 days of employment
· A valid California driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Saving Lives in San Diego Stepping Stone of San Diego has been helping save lives since 1976 as one of the nation’s only alcohol and drug treatment programs specializing in the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender community.