Provide onsite field based and direct and indirect services including initial substance abuse/ mental health assessment, plan development, case management services, crisis intervention. Be part of multi-disciplinary treatment team that assessed and provides substance abuse services including individual and group services for clients according to program requirements and clients level of need. Must have knowledge of DSM -5 diagnostic system and SAPC documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide direct and indirect client services.
2. Participate in a team approach and services provided at Pitchess Detention Center, including: assessment and evaluation of assigned clients, supervise Certified Chemical Dependency Staff and Peer Recovery Specialists. Determine individual’s strengths, needs and resources. Assess client’s level of awareness of substance use disorder, psychosocial impairment, self-care potential, family and support network, independent living needs, financial status, educational, employment or training needs, and social/recreational needs. Develop and coordinate service plans.
3. Conduct comprehensive substance abuse screenings, psychosocial assessments at intake in order to provide appropriate services.
4. Complete all documentation within mandated time frames and in compliance with county, state, and Center guidelines.
5. Assist clients in developing relapse prevention plans, independent living skills, and resources including social/recreational, vocational or educational goals, needed to implement and achieve goals of the individual service plan.
6. Provide crisis intervention and supervision to staff—intervene with the client/others at the onset of a crisis to provide support and assistance in problem resolution and to coordinate the care or arrange for the provision of other needed services.
7. Provide assistance to the Program Manager as needed. To include: leading program case consultations when Program Manager is unavailable to do so, complete SAPC documentation and weekly reporting and maintain reasonable communication with outside agency departments (i.e. LASD, Probation Department. SAPC, etc.).
8. Support all clinical staff when needed with clinical interventions, crisis management and client needs.
10. Will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team; participate in staff and clinical meetings and community meetings as assigned.
11. Will perform other duties as necessary.