Penny Lane's missionis to foster hopes and dreams by empowering children, youth and families toreach their highest potential. It represents our commitment to delivering safe,high quality care to our clients.
The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Staff Assistant is responsible for assisting the SUD Intake Director in receiving, screening, and processing all referrals that come into the SUD program. The SUD Staff Assistant will also assist the SUD Intake Director in providing information about Penny Lane’s SUD services to potential clients, DMH representatives, Substance Abuse Prevention Control (SAPC), Client Engagement and Navigation System (CENS) and the community. The Staff Assistant will assist in receiving referrals from outside providers, Probation, SASH hotline, CENS, DCFS or self-referrals and is required to: open an electronic health record (EHR) account, upload all documents received with the referral into the electronic health record, assign the referrals to the SUD Therapist or Recovery Specialist and Treatment team as indicated by the SUD Program Director, SUD Residential Clinical Manager and SUD Clinical Supervisor, and will complete a disposition regarding the status of the enrollment that is sent directly to SAPC. The SUD Staff Assistant will assist the SUD Intake Director in tracking all the enrollments and slot availability throughout SUD program.
The SUD Staff Assistant is an energetic self-starter who is able to function comfortably in a team environment or independently and relates well to co-workers, community partners and County representatives. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks. The individual in this position must be able to be comfortable presenting material regarding the SUD program to large groups of individuals, provide timely responses to requests and deadlines and works well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) plus 6 months of clerical experience, such as working in an office, answering phones, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
- OR Less than a College Degree with 1 year clerical experience as described above.
- Experience in Public Speaking preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish required.
- ValidCalifornia driver’s license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain aclean driving record acceptable to the organization’s insurance company; haveimmediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours.
PositionLocation: North Hills,CA
Salary Range: $15.32 up to $17.72 per hour
Position Shift: Tuesday- Saturday
Additional $1.00 per hour Bilingual Spanish Differential
We offer a competitivecompensation and benefits package:
· Medical, Dental,Vision Insurance
· Health Savings Account
· 401(k) Retirement Plan(Employee and Matching Contributions)
· Employee Advocacy
· Employee AssistanceProgram
· Flexible SpendingAccounts
· Life and Long TermDisability Insurance
· Supplemental Insurance(Accident and Critical Illness Coverage)
· Voluntary LifeInsurance
· Voluntary Short TermDisability Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off
Penny Lane is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis(Protected class) including, but not limited to race; religious creed; color;national; origin; ancestry; physical disability; mental disability; medical condition, including genetic characteristics; genetic information; marital status; sex; pregnancy’ child birth or related medical conditions; actual or perceived gender; gender identity or expression or sexual orientation. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, recruitment advertising, pay and other forms of compensation, training and general treatment during employment.