Penny Lane's mission is to foster hopes and dreams by empowering children, youth and families to reach their highest potential. It represents our commitment to delivering safe, high quality care to our clients.
The SUD Intake Case Manager is responsible for the completion of the admission paperwork, CAL-Oms data entry, scheduling of case conferences, providing outreach to clients and families who are presenting with barriers in attending treatment sessions and tracking and entering UA results. The SUD Intake Case Manager also provides back-up for completing ASAM assessments and assisting with drug testing when needed.
The SUD Intake Case Manager is an energetic self-starter who is able to function comfortably in a team environment or independently and relates well to co-workers. This position requires flexibility, organization and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks. The individual in this position must be able to assume a wide range of responsibilities, provide timely responses to requests and deadlines and works well under pressure.
- Must be certified or registered as a substance use disorder counselor/AOD counselor by one of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) accredited organizations recognized by California DHCS to register and certify alcohol and other drug counselors in California with the intent of receiving certification within five (5) years to become certified.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BA) in psychology, social work, or related field, together with at least six (6) months of experience working with adults and/or adolescents in a SUD or co-occurring mental health treatment program.
- or Bachelor’s degree (BA) in non-related field or 60+ college units, together with at least one (1) year of experience working with adults and/or adolescents in a SUD or co-occurring mental health treatment program.
- or high school diploma and two (2) years of experience working with adults and/or adolescents in a SUD or co-occurring mental health treatment program.
- Bilingual Spanish Required.
- Valid California driver’s license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain a clean driving record acceptable to the organization’s insurance company; have immediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours.
Position Location: North Hills, CA
Salary Range: $18.88 up to $21.15 per hour
Additional $1.00 per hour bilingual Spanish differential.
Position Shift: Tuesday-Saturdays hoursvary
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Employee and Matching Contributions)
- Employee Advocacy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident and Critical Illness Coverage)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity.
Penny Lane is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (Protected class) including, but not limited to race; religious creed; color; national; origin; ancestry; physical disability; mental disability; medical condition, including genetic characteristics; genetic information; marital status; sex; pregnancy’ child birth or related medical conditions; actual or perceived gender; gender identity or expression or sexual orientation. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, recruitment advertising, pay and other forms of compensation, training and general treatment during employment.