Penny Lane's missionis to foster hopes and dreams by empowering children, youth and families toreach their highest potential. It represents our commitment to delivering safe,high quality care to our clients.
The Substance AbuseRecovery Specialist is responsible for assisting residents with the necessaryskills to learn to live in a drug and alcohol free environment. The SubstanceAbuse Recovery Specialist will provide Substance Abuse groups, living skills groups,serve as role model for the residents, complete clerical reports anddocumentation, assist residents with using good judgment to maintain theirsobriety. The Substance Abuse Residential Recovery Specialist also assistsresidents to reach their goals by providing rehabilitative, collateral andconsultation services.
The Substance AbuseRecovery Specialist is an energetic self-starter who is able to functioncomfortably in a team environment or independently and relates well toco-workers and County representatives. This position requires flexibility andthe ability to manage time and multiple tasks. The individual in this positionmust be able to assume a wide range of responsibilities, provide timelyresponses to requests and deadlines and works well under pressure.
· Certification as asubstance use disorder counselor/AOD counselor and at least 6 months ofexperience.
· ValidCalifornia driver’s license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain aclean driving record acceptable to the organization’s insurance company; haveimmediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours.
PositionLocation: North Hills,CA
Registeredcounselor $15.07 up to $16.97per hour
Certifiedcounselor $21.95 up $24.34 perhour
We offer a competitivecompensation and benefits package:
· Medical, Dental,Vision Insurance
· Health Savings Account
· 401(k) Retirement Plan(Employee and Matching Contributions)
· Employee Advocacy
· Employee AssistanceProgram
· Flexible SpendingAccounts
· Life and Long TermDisability Insurance
· Supplemental Insurance(Accident and Critical Illness Coverage)
· Voluntary LifeInsurance
· Voluntary Short TermDisability Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off
Penny Lane iscommitted to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate againstemployees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis(Protected class) including, but not limited to race; religious creed; color;national; origin; ancestry; physical disability; mental disability; medicalcondition, including genetic characteristics; genetic information; maritalstatus; sex; pregnancy’ child birth or related medical conditions; actual orperceived gender; gender identity or expression or sexual orientation. Ourmanagement is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respectto hiring, placement, recruitment advertising, pay and other forms ofcompensation, training and general treatment during employment.