FORENSIC TREATMENT AGENCY seeking to fill the position of Addiction Specialist to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. Duties will include:
* Individual substance abuse counseling
* Running of behavior modification groups and/or substance treatment groups
* Coordinate services with various public & private community health, mental health, & social service agencies to ensure appropriate services for clients. Transport client(s) to connect with necessary community resources
* Participate, coordinate & implement cooperative arrangements and/or team conferences with various inter-disciplinary team members in the development and implementation of client treatment and aftercare plans
* Conduct substance abuse assessments
* Maintain & submit billing records in a timely manner
* Maintain & update client files and documentation in accordance with DMH or DHS guidelines
* Must be registered or certified with CCAPP
*Preferred one year of direct service experience in a mental health setting which has an interdisciplinary team approach
*Preferred knowledge of DMH paperwork
*Preferred experience in offender/forensic treatment
*Must have excellent writing & communication skills, strong interpersonal and social skills & good time management skills
*Must have the ability to work both independently & as a member of a team
*Must be open to different treatment interventions including harm reduction
*Must have own transportation, valid California Driver License, & proof of automobile insurance coverage. We will be running a DMV check.
*Must have strong customer service skills
*Please be looking for a long term position in a young, energetic, enthusiastic team environment.
*Willingness to learn & a positive attitude a must.
Job Type: Full-time