Join Center Point in our innovative work changing lives and connecting communities. Whether you are looking for an internship opportunity or full-time work, Center Point is a remarkable place to put your time and talent into action.
Center Point Inc. is currently recruiting for a Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor for our Women and Children residential program in San Rafael.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a substance abuse residential treatment milieu, and knowledge of gender-responsive, trauma and women services. In this position, you will gain experience working in a Women and Children oriented treatment program, collaboratively with multi-disciplined team members and agencies, and experience the success of Women and their Children rebuilding their futures.
Below you will find a more detailed description of some of the duties and requirements for this position.
- Facilitates individual sessions with each caseload client on a weekly basis.
- Facilitates groups/classes as assigned.
- Collaborates with clients on individual treatment plans based on clinical assessments and clients self-determined goals.
- Refers clients to internal and external resources in a timely manner.
- Performs house runs and documents any issues that are found to ensure safety and security of the program.
- Supervises medication distribution and is available on the staff phone when assigned to do so.
- Maintains documentation standards in Electronic Medical Records of all client sessions and groups/classes as required.
- Maintains clients Electronic Medical Records according to program and agency policy.
- Communicates and works with the team to ensure the best clinical experience for the client.
- Remains flexible with duties and schedule to support program needs.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Drug & Alcohol Certification from a State of California Accredited Institution or MFTi/MFT/LCSW
- Minimum two years experience working in residential treatment programs.
- First Aid Certified &_ CPR Certified within 30 days of employment_
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, homelessness, and other potential barriers to economic and social self-sufficiency.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, and reliability are imperative.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a criminal justice security clearance;
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
To be considered for a Drug and Alcohol Counselor Position you must be certified by or at least register with one of the following entities (being register for school only does not count):
- Addiction Counselor Certification Board of California Affiliated with California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators (CAADE) Accredited Program – Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor
- California Association of DUI Treatment Programs (CADTP) Accredited Program – Certified Alcohol & Other Drug Counselor
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Accredited Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Substance Abuse Treatment Counseling: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- San Rafael, CA 94901 (Required)
- RAS, CWTS, CATC, CAODC, CADC, MFTi, MTF or LCSW (Required)