Advent Group Ministries is a social services agency made up of a team of Christians with a common mission of empowering people to restore relationships and break the destructive cycles of abuse and addiction through the hope and healing made possible by Christ’s love and quality treatment.
The Clinical Director oversees all prospective Clinical Service given to Residential Clients by Clinical Personnel and Qualified Staff. Clinical Director is management role this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with clinical standards established by contracts. This position needs to be available for crisis intervention and emergency clinical services. This position is also available to clinically supervise Residential clinical staff. The Clinical Director will implement clinical services, clinical supervision, and management of compliance issues. The Director will be implementing, strategizing, and developing the residential team to meet external and internal regulations.
- Works closely with the Residential Operations Manager to coordinate program support for quality clinical services delivery
- Manages team of Social Workers, Addiction Counselor, Intake Coordinator for Residential Services (and contract Clinicians as needed)
- Includes supporting the needs of the Group Home Administrators, and receiving their support for quality clinical service delivery
- Sets clinical standards in Residential program according to CARF, DMC, CCL/STRTP, Medic-Cal, EBP’s
- Primarily responsible for high quality clinical performance and records of direct reports, overseeing the pre-admission, admission, and discharge flow of client care
- Oversee provision of services, all client access to MH services, and continuity of care transitions
- Signs, co-sign all Treatment Plans, Assessments, ALOC’s, as LPHA
- Ensures monthly consultation with identified LPHA, when designated, making MH diagnosis of clients in Residential treatment
- Ensures program activities reflect reasonable and prudent parentingstandards with GHA’s
- In the case of an Emergency Placement, completes or co-signs assessment to confirm appropriate placement level of care within 72 hours of emergency placement, or oversee designee
- Education and/or Experience – Master's degree in Marriage Family Therapy, Social Work, or Psychology.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Licensed with the California Board of Behavioral Science as a Marriage Family Therapist or Clinical Social Worker or licensed with the California Board of Psychology as a psychologist. Completion of all BBS required supervisory continuing education units. Or additional qualifying experience.
- Experience in mental health services/substance abuse and Adolescent Residential Clinical Treatments.
- Thorough understanding and experience in the delivery of services to an ethnically and economically diverse population.
- Thorough knowledge of contractual clinical requirements including MediCal / MediCare requirements and excellent communication skills
- Experience applying for and/or maintaining accreditation from a nationally-recognized organization (preferably CARF).
- Knowledge of behavioral health assessments, principles/methods of recovery, various counseling techniques, evidence-based and trauma-informed practices, and various other methods.
- Experience providing care in, or supervision of, residential programs for adolescents.
- Effective written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Experience developing and/or managing systems responsible for the collection of data and development of useful outcomes measures.
- Experience with the use and/or development of Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
- Strong management, leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan and implement organization-wide activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, developing policies and procedures, and organizing the functions necessary to accomplish the activities)
- Skills in effectively selecting, training and developing employees; directing employees toward desired objectives; delegating and motivating; conflict resolution; and general management functions (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- 10 paid vacation days- start accruing immediately (regular full time)
- 9 paid sick days- accruing immediately (regular full time)
- 10-Paid Holidays
- Medical paid by employer at 75%(regular full time)
- Dental/Vision (regular full time)