Position Summary: Person in this position will be responsible for the delivery of pre-treatment groups.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver pre-treatment education and services to the participants;
- Conduct group and individual sessions;
- Evaluate the progress of the participants assigned to their groups;
- Work directly with the participants to develop and implement a treatment plan;
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
** Position will NOT provide substance abuse treatment services to program participants, unless they are certified as an AOD Counselor with a certification recognized by DHCS.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience providing CBT services to an inmate population;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Certification in drug and alcohol counseling is preferred or moving toward certification within one year is required, Preference will be given to candidates that are currently certified;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Must have the ability to pass a criminal background investigation;
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain CDCR clearance;
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCare’s vehicle insurance; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an Annual Tuberculosis test.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Work is primarily performed in an office located in an in-prison treatment setting.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks;
- Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds; and
Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position.