(Full-Time) Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the AOD Counselor is responsible for individual service coordination for patients enrolled in Phoenix House Adult Residential Services, including supporting a successful transition back into the community. In collaboration, the Counselor supports the successful integration of medical care, housing and income/employment assistance, substance abuse treatment, and other services within individual treatment plans.
The AOD Counselor shall possess a
- High school diploma or its equivalent; and be Certified as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor recognized by The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Bachelor's degree in socials services or related field; and be Registered as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor recognized by The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) or must be willing to register upon job offer and prior to starting.
For more information on Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor Registration, please visit https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/provgovpart/pages/counselorcertificationorganizations.aspx
- Must maintain a valid CA Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
- Preferred Bilingual Spanish, not required
- Preferred one-year prior experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of alcohol/drug-related problems and their impact on patients and their families;
- The social factors involved in substance abuse;
- The principles and techniques of rehabilitation counseling and their application to individuals possessing chemical dependencies;
- Community resources available to persons with alcohol/drug related problems;
- The physiological and psychological effects of chemical dependency;
- General social, economic and health problems;
- Ability to interview and counsel;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing;
- Full-time employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement for educational courses related to their Alcohol and Drug Certification to a maximum of $4,000 upon hire
- Phoenix House offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and generous vacation. Please check out of benefits page for more information https://phoenixhousecacareers.e3applicants.com/about-us/our-benefits
APPLY ONLINE: https://phoenixhousecacareers.e3applicants.com/