Job Title: Counselor/Intern PT
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor or Intern Alcohol and Drug Counselor or Bachelor's degree plus 3 years work/volunteer experience in the substance abuse field.
- 1 Year experience teaching or presenting material pertaining to Rehabilitation from addiction
- Age 21 or above
- Ability to make critical decisions and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, MS Word, Excel, and Access with the ability to learn additional software as appropriate.
- Excellen organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to track multiple tasks effieicently, completing each in a professional and timely fashion.
- Professional judgement and integrity in holding in confidence all information pertaining to beneficiaries, families and co-workers
- Commitment to support and apply the philosophy and goals of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center Program and the ARC Mission Statement
- If in recovery, must have 3 years of continuous sobriety
- No evidence of existing chemical dependency
- Must be willing to travel to events both in the area and in the territory.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
Job Purpose: To provide expertise and guidance to all counsleing staff as well as to counsel and teach beneficiaries of the Adult Rehabilitation Center.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist beneficiaries to understand and overcome social and emotional problems through individual and process group counseling.
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessment interviews with newly admitted beneficiaries.
- Keep beneficiary files up-to-date with proper documentation of counseling and class activities for those beneficiaries assigned.
- Develop individual Rehabilitation Plans for beneficiaries seen in counseling.
- Assist assigned beneficiaries in preparation for 90 day and 5 month reviews
- Conduct Christian education classes as assigned
- Lead othe rgroupls or classes as assigned by the Rehabilitation Director
- Teach classes in the program's educational component as assigned by the Rehabilitation Manager.
- Attend weekly Case Conference and provide input to discussion as helpful.
- Handle all counsleing related issues in the absence of the Rehabilitation Director, including presentation of the most serious issues to the Administrator.
- Provide and maintain counseling statistics for monthly Program reports.
- Document and maintain appropriate Progress Notes in beneficary files.
- Assess spiritual needs of beneficiaries seen in counseling and make referrals to Chaplain as needed
- Attend at least one Wednesday night chapel service each month.
- Serve as back-up to other counselors as needed
- Suport other staff of the Program Department as able.
- Overtime. Any and all overtime must have the written approvals of the Supervisor, Administrator or his/her designee.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Rehabilitation Manager or the ARC Administrators.
Apply online at