Family & Children Services of Silicon Valley (FCS), a division of Caminar, has provided
counseling, prevention, and support services for children, teens, and adults since 1948. The
division reaches more than 12,000 individuals annually through a variety of behavioral health
and social services programs that build strong, safe, and self-sufficient individuals, families,
This position must be available to respond to Substance Use Disorders treatment, including
client intakes, individual and group counseling, treatment assessment and planning, and case
management as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide direct counseling services, including individual and group counseling, treatment
assessment and planning, and case management as needed.
• Plan and administer therapeutic treatment, such as behavior modification and stress
management therapy, to assist patient in controlling disorders and other problems.
• Change method and degree of counseling when indicated by client reactions.
• Communicate progress toward treatment goals with client.
• Refer client to supportive services to supplemental treatment and counseling.
• Maintain excellent client records and complete all agency-required reports and
• Comply thoroughly with County contract documentation and auditing standards and
requirements in a timely manner.
• Monitor client fees and number of session limitations if necessary.
• Participate in group and individual supervision.
• May train peers as needed and requested by program leadership.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and
grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work
responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
• Education – Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social
Work, or Psychology, or CCAPP certification level 1 or 2 – minimum requirement. Master’s
degree in related field preferred.
• Experience – Some work experience providing substance abuse or behavioral health
services. Preferred 2 years’ minimum experience.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Intern registration with the California Board of
Behavioral Sciences or completion of CCAPP certification: CCADAC level 1 or 2, LAADC,
MFTi, LMFT, or LCSW.
• Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from clients. Depending on client needs, specialized
language skills may be required for this position.
• Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge
of Internet software and standard office software as well as the ability to develop
competency in specialized clinical software as needed.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Other skills and abilities: Thorough understanding and experience in the delivery of
services to an ethnically and economically diverse population.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to :
• Communicate with clients and co-workers to exchange accurate information.
• Frequently required to remain in a stationary position for most of the work day.
• Move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as copy machine, printer, fax.
• Must be able to review client charts for accuracy and information.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time based on business need. This job description is subject to
change at any time.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email (preferred) or mail to: Family & Children Services of Silicon Valley Attn. Human Resources 375 Cambridge Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94306 [email protected]
Family & Children Services of Silicon Valley (FCS), a division of Caminar, works to build resilient, safe, and self-sufficient individuals, families, and communities. To achieve this goal, we offer innovative, integrated, and trauma-sensitive services that support recovery and improved well-being.